Monday, May 14, 2012

Plugging It In

Customer quote (imagine shoutiness, and imagine that I've just politely explained how in order to check on wireless router settings we need a temporary wired connection):

"You want me to PLUG MY LAPTOP IN?... It's a WIRELESS LAPTOP. Do you even UNDERSTAND WHAT WIRELESS MEANS?"

(meek and polite attempt on my part to re-explain why this is necessary. And silently say to myself, why, yes, I think I do understand what wireless means.)

"YOU PEOPLE FUCKED IT UP, I'M NOT PLUGGING ANYTHING IN. YOU BETTER SEND SOMEONE OUT TO FIX IT FOR FREE. YOU PEOPLE RAPED ME."

(at this time I'd like to point out, as a public service announcement of sorts, to any men who may not be aware of this.... that being asked to connect an inexpensive cable, is not equivalent to rape.)

No comments: